A TREAT FOR THE EYES, BUT NOT THE TUMMY 😢
oleh IG: biteorbye (Nisa & Nadya) , 23 Februari 2020 (3 bulan yang lalu)
Why you will love it ❤
1. The place is great for a conversation and hanging out. From enjoyable outdoor seating to plenty of sofa in the restaurant. If you want to impress a client or go out with that special someone and you are looking for a restaurant in Bintaro area, this is it.
2. The Sambal Roa that comes with the Bubur Manado is love!!! Not sure if you could get this separately. It has a strong Roa flavour and manages to get that balance between sweet, spicy and savoury just right. The food I ate was a bit disappointing, but the Sambal Roa manages to make me smile.
2. Lots of interesting drinks.
3. Various choices for Indonesian food.
4. Plenty of parking spot.
5. Nice that they provide non-plastic straw as an effor to go greener, but paper straw is also single-use and disposable. No straw would be a better option.
What could be improved 🙏
1. The taste of the food compared to the price was not up to par, I tried several dishes:
-Nasi Goreng Rawon: True to its name, it tastes like rawon. But you would find a bit of difficulty finding the meat in this dish as they were on the stingy side. Small portion but at least they provide plenty of krupuk. The great part about the dish is that it has quite a nice rawon taste but not too strong, really has potential flavourwise but they need to add more meat here!
-Bubur Manado is generous in portion compared to the size, but the taste again is not too strong. It has a potential to be improved, and this type of Bubur Manado is more on the dry side (I am used to the kind of Bubur Manado with flavours that is more bold and generous in broth).
-Oseng Oseng Iga needs major improvement. Major. You know how when you have a crush on someone just judging by the face but then you talk to them and find out you have nothing in common and it was just blah. That, but food. I requested for spicy flavour and even added crushed chilli, the taste was too overwhelmingly sweet. It feels like they add lots and lots of sugar here. They say it’s special sauce, but it looks more like tong seng. It should be named “Tong Seng” instead of “Oseng Oseng Iga” to manage people’s expectation. I like Tong Seng, but I do not this kind of cooking. There should be a warning level that this dish is extremely sweet, even for people who love their savoury food sweet like me.
2. Serving time is a bit slow, they serve the plate one by one in a table and not at more or less the same time.
3. This is more on the expensive side, but for me is not worth the money in terms of taste. But in terms of good place to sit and just have a simple dish that cannot go wrong, sure, why not?
Place: Lot 9, Bintaro.
Nasi Goreng Rawon (42K) 7.0/10
Bubur Manado (35K) 6.5/10 but the sambal roa that comes with it is a solid 9.0/10
Oseng Oseng Iga, without rice (85K)