Li Feng, a Chinese fine dining restaurant located inside Mandarin Oriental. Legend said that this restaurant has the best dimsum in the town. Before I came I've contacted their Captain Mr. Rudi Wibowo for the menus and my dining preferences. Then on saturday, I made it there.
The interior resembles a Chinese ship which has a story behind it. Mr Rudi told me that it is based on history when Chinese empire sailed to Indonesia to open a trade routes, and the ship they were using became an inspiration to create this restaurant.
The restaurants itself isn't really spacious, yet the interior has a blue and yellow dominant color which is different than usual chinese restaurant which prefer to use a red color theme. It has a blue glass ornament on the ceiling of the restaurant which resemble the wave that take on the ship. The restaurant also came out with a dimly light to give a more private and romantic ambience around it, but because I want to take a good picture I requested them to make it brighter for my table.
For lunch they provide ala carte menu and dimsum menu, this time I was going for their dimsum menu. For a fine dining restaurant, the price given isn't really that high. For me it's pretty affordable. A dimsum costs you just for 25-40k.
Here's what I ordered :
- Shrimp Har Gau (10/10) : har gau was solid, juicy, and delicious. The shrimp and bamboo shoots filling given was generous.
- Siu Mai with Scallops (10/10) : it's kinda rare to see a steamed dimsum siu may topped with scallops. Siumay was delicious, and the scallops on top of it was so soft, not chewy at all. and perfectly cooked.
- Chicken Black Truffle Bun (10/10) : the white chinese bun was so soft, with a generous filling of chicken and black truffles. The black truffles was so fragrant and give a flavor kick to the bun.
- Steamed Rice Roll with BBQ Pork (10/10) : this one was so amazing, usually steamed rice roll came out to be soft, but in here the steamed rice roll was chewy like a mochi texture but not overwhelming. The bbq pork inside was so fragrant and juicy as well. Perfect!!!
- Xiao Long Bao Shanghainese Pork Dumpling (8/10) : this was my first time trying xiao long bao. This dumpling contains juice inside it, and when you give your first bite, it will explode and fill your mouth with the juices. But for me, the pork filling inside wasn't really fragrant and also it's too gingery for me. But it's not bad though.
- Turnip Cake with XO Sauce (8/10) : It tasted good, the turnip cake was so soft and tender. But I wish that they make the side of the turnip cake to have more crunch on it, so it will have a feel of crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Black Swan Dumpling (10/10) : this is the signature dish in here. Legend said this dish is only available at 2 location in the world, the first one is located at Li Feng Mandarin Oriental Jakarta, and the second one is located at Jiang by Chef Fei at Mandarin Oriental GuangZhou. The dish consists of black swan shaped dumpling with a generous black pepper duck meat filled inside the dumpling. First the waiter will come to your table and bring a plate full of black swans, then he/she will pour some water to fill the holes which have some dry ices underneath. The result is an eruption of ice fog that will create an amazing view in which the swans will look like they're floating on the cloud. The dumpling was crunchy yet the blackpepper duck filling didn't taste too spicy also. It was so delicious, and I can call this dish a masterpiece.
- Homemade baked Egg Tarts (10/10) : it came in a small bite size, but it was so fragrant yet not too sweet. So perfect for a pre dessert.
- Blueberry Snow Skin Dumpling (10/10) : A beautiful presentation for a dessert. It was served on a wooden ancient chinese scroll plate. The texture was soft, the blueberry sauce doesn't overwhelm the flavor, and it has a cold sensation in my mouth. Amazing!
- Cooked Pu Erh Tea Lao Man Er 2015 (9/10) : A cooked Pu Erh Tea from Lao Man Er which has a earthy yet soothing taste within it. Tea cost you for 68k++. But there was a misunderstanding on the menu though, they should write that the price given for the tea is for only 1 person, The staff also didn't inform me about this information. So when I ordered this tea (I came here with my parents, so in total of 3 persons), they counted it as 3 times from the price given, so I had to paid around 250k for this tea. (TwT)
The service was very good, the waiter and waitress were so attentive towards their customer, especially Mr. Rudi Wibowo who served our table directly. Also I've got the chance to meet and took a photograph with Chef Chang See Loy who was the Executive Chef in Li Feng.
If you ask me will I come back to this restaurant once again. Of course I will, next time I'm going to try their main course (szechuan beef, sweet sour chicken, fried fish skin are their signature also). I am looking towards for it.
Menu yang dipesan: Deep-Fried Swan Dumpling with Black Pepper Duck Meat, Xiao Long Bao - Shanghainese Pork Dumpling, Har Gau - Steamed Shrimp Dumplings with Bamboo Shoots, Siu Mai - Steamed Pork Dumpling with Scallops, Baked homemade egg tarts, Blueberry Snow Skin Dumpling, Steamed Chicken Bun with Black Truffle, Steamed Rice Roll with BBQ Pork, Fried Turnip Cake with XO Sauce, Pu Erh Tea
Sudah kesekian kalinya mencoba TWG tea yang terkenal akan tehnya itu dan tidak pernah bosan untuk datang kembali terus menerus, Kali ini saya mencoba memesan high tea package yang terdiri dari 1 teko teh dan 1 buah kue. Saya memesan royal darjeeling tea yang merupakan teh india yang memiliki aroma khas serta caramel tartlet yang memiliki cita rasa manis dan sedikit pahit serta tekstur tart yang renyah. Sangat reccomended untuk makan disini dengan suasana yang tenang dan terkesan mewah. Will come back again next time
If you're wondering where is the best place to have matcha. Amausaan Uji Matcha is the correct place for you. Located in Central Park LG Floor, in front of Solaria. There, I tried the seiranso uji matcha served in Bamboo Tube. It has a unique flavour and also a good presentation. They use premium quality of matcha imported from Uji, Kyoto. So no doubt the macha flavour is really really good. I will come back in another time to try the other menu
Menu yang dipesan: Seiranso - Uji Matcha Bamboo Tube, Uji Sumo Supreme Matcha Gelato (Double Scoop)
Pertama kali mencoba TWG tea yang terkenal akan tehnya itu, saya mencoba memesan high tea package yang terdiri dari 1 teko teh dan 1 buah kue. Saya memesan royal darjeeling tea yang merupakan teh india yang memiliki aroma khas serta caramel tartlet yang memiliki cita rasa manis dan sedikit pahit serta tekstur tart yang renyah. Sangat reccomended untuk makan disini dengan suasana yang tenang dan terkesan mewah. Will come back next time
Twg has been known as the best place to have aftermoon tea, I've been there for a couple times and now I'm here to try their tea flavoured gelato. So I ordered napoleon tea gelato which comes from napoleon tea mixed with macadamia nuts. The taste is pretty good, it comes with a mellow flavour from tea and nutty fragrance from macadamia. Such a wonderful experience
From 28 March - 3 April 2018 TWG has a special event to celebrate Easter Day. They launched their redesigned Tea Party Tea so you can buy their Haute Couture pack or just simply enjoy it at the salon. For this Easter season, they have something special for you.
Enjoy complimentary carrot cake for every purchase of Tea Party Tea at their salon
Enjoy complimentary of 8 petit fours for every purchase of Haute Couture Tea Party Tea
Last week I came here to try their new relaunched Tea Party Tea, so I ordered a teapot of Tea Party Tea which also came with complimentary Carrot Cake. Tea Party Tea is a black tea with notes of pineapple and Mediterranean orange that infuses into a cup of orchard sweetness. It has a fruity aroma while the tea itself isn't strong at all, quite suitable for those who doesn't like strong aroma tea. The carrot cake itself has a sweet flavour also they got some sort of spices like cinnamon aroma inside the cake.
Overall it's good enough to enjoy the Easter Day special at TWG, and also I'm waiting for another event next time.
La Pattiserie is a lounge located inside Four Seasons Hotel, you can easily spot it right beside the main lobby. The lounge isn't spacious, only can accommodate around 20 people. The interior resembles a french luxury tea room which gives a touch of feminine style with a blue and yellow pastel color.
I ordered a teapot of TWG's Earl Grey Breakfast Tea, Butter Croissant, and Chocolate Croissant with a complimentary butter and biscotti cookies. Just a perfect dishes to accompany my afternoon, with a beautiful interior and soothing music played in the background. The service was also really great and friendly.
When you come to Four Seasons Hotel, don't forget to take a picture of the La Patisserie itself and also a picture on the stair of the Hotel's Lobby, you won't regret it.
TWG Tea, a luxury tea brand from Singapore which has opened a lot of branches includes Indonesia. Ordered 1837 Green Tea and Earl Grey Ice Cream, the tea was fragrant with an aroma of fruits and flower, and also a sweet aftertaste notes. For the earl grey ice cream, it was smooth and had a strong earl grey flavor within it, also they used dark chocolate to create a sweet bitter sensation in your mouth. TWG has never disappointed me so far.
Menu yang dipesan: T6036 1837 Green Tea, Earl Grey Ice Cream
Came to Plaza Senayan last week hunting for ice cream with my partner. We looked around and around wondering if there's some good ice cream to enjoy. Then we decided to have a tea flavored ice cream in TWG.
In TWG, there aren't many selection of Ice Cream. There are 3 flavors of gelato : Earl Grey Fortune, Vanilla Bourbon Tea, Napoleon Tea. While for sorbet they have 1837 Black Tea and Geisha Blossom Tea. We decided to ordered 2 scoops of ice cream with mixed flavor of Vanilla Bourbon Tea and Napoleon Tea. Of course without doubt the ice cream was delicious as well, with tea and nutty flavor within the ice cream.
The ice cream was quite expensive in TWG, for 2 scoops of ice cream we have to pay 73k (tax included). But I think it's worth for an experience.
High End Brand Cheesecake and Classy Shop Interior
DORE by LeTAO has become a popular cheesecake brand in Jakarta. Located at PIK Avenue 2nd floor near Atrium, you can easily spot it since the shop itself is very good looking and classy that make you feel like you're shopping on a high end brand shop in France. Tried their cheesecake which is really tasty, and the plus point is that their cheesecake is different than other Japanese cheesecake, it has the cream cheese inside the layer and when served cold it will burst into your mouth with the cheesecake flavour. Also already tried their Earl Grey cookies which my friend ever given it to me, the cookies are delicious with intense Earl Grey tea which I like. Overall this is a place that you can enjoy cheesecake as its best and also the packaging looks really high end which makes everyone think that this is a luxurious cheesecake (it is actually XD)